I made this bag for myself. Most of the items on this site have been given away. I wanted to try out a different way of putting in a zipper and after doing a Craftsy course, decided to make this bag. Basically it is a pouch with an outside pocket. Personally I find all the pockets and zipper pockets in a bag unhelpful. I can never find my cellphone or anything else in that black hole known as a woman’s handbag. I prefer just a large universe in which I put my hand and hope to find the item I want 🙂 So this is just the right size for the items I take with me on any given day….cellphone, wallet and glasses.
Here is another Doggie around the Bag (Stickbaer de online) that I made with different fabric from a previous one here on the site. It is fun to do, but not straightforward. Mostly done in the hoop. The zipper and joining of the sides is done on a regular machine. The one picture shows the long body of the dachshund and it joins at the sides to show that it is the body. The little bone is included in the pattern and is made of felt. The applique is rough, meaning that it has raw edges that are sewn down in doodle form. Very cute.
When you have nothing else to do, or don’t feel like getting into another project – make a purse. You can always give it away and you will feel you have achieved something in crafts for the day. Two of these were in the hoop projects from Five Star Fonts and the other was made using simple instructions I found on Pinterest.
Well, I finally completed a Tilda doll. I admire anyone who has made these – they are more difficult than they look. I completed her with white hair (Darice doll hair) and made slippers for her in a grey knit, and sewed on embroidered ribbon. Fabrics were purchased at Joann’s. Take a look at the wonderful Tilda dolls on Pinterest. It is also hard getting her face right, although it is just a few pinpricks for the eyes.
This pillow cover was made with denim. I had stretch denim but I think a regular denim is better as it doesn’t pucker when sewing straight lines as in the case of a cushion cover. I used rhinestones (Tulip brand) and a regular iron to press them on. I used snaps for the closing at the back. I like the Babyville brand snaps and snap device.